Seasonal Position approximately May 5 to October 15th
Approximate Hours: 40 plus per week in season
Housing, Uniforms and Meals Provided
H2B positions available
Reports To: Executive Chef and Outlet Chefs
Pastry Shop Overview
The Wianno Club Pastry shop produces breads, pastries, and plated desserts for four outlets as well as banquet production. Core items of production include: quick breads, macaroons, standard cookies and brownies, upscale casual plated desserts with four components (200 covers per evening), refined plated desserts with 5 components (30 covers per evening), weekly grand buffet of (cakes, tortes, petite desserts, action station, etc.), and banquet production. The majority of all items are made in house with the exception of laminated dough’s and hearth baked a la carte bread.
The Wianno Club ensures a strong focus on classical techniques as well as contemporary plating styles. The Golf House and Beach Snack bar feature casual offerings such as key lime pie, macaroons and homemade ice-cream sandwiches. The Sea View Room is The Wianno Club’s highest volume restaurant offering contemporary desserts featuring seasonal New England ingredients. The Main Dining Room offers classical desserts such as Peach Melba and Baked Alaska as well as refined contemporary selections that showcase the bounty of Cape Cod as well as the advance skillset of the pastry team. Banquet productions vary from plated parties from 20-200ppl although the majority of The Wianno Club’s banquet production is represented in buffet style.
- Oversight of all pastry production and execution with assistance from outlet and banquet chefs.
- Work closely with team chefs to ensure all Wianno Club Culinary Team needs are met.
- Ensure everything the Pastry shop produces is delicious and executed to the highest standards.
- Prepare and properly garnish all food orders in accordance with menu specifications in a timely fashion.
- Prepare sauces, breads, desserts and pastry items in accordance with menu.
- Present food using proper plate presentation techniques in a timely manner.
- Coordinate completion of menu items with server.
- Set up for meal periods by ensuring that stations are set up based upon anticipated volumes in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to Wianno Club standards for safe food handling and storage.
- Keep equipment clean and in proper operating condition.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas including coolers and storage areas.
- Complete food requisitions in a timely and accurate manner to maintain inventory items.
- Consciously control cost without sacrificing quality.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- The ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- The ability to follow proper uniform procedures.
- The ability to operate all kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
- The ability to utilize the computer system to read all orders.
- The ability to prepare and present on a timely basis all foods for meal service.
- The ability to respect and accommodate servers’ requests regarding guests’ personal preferences and requests.
- The ability to handle all types of food and rotate it according to established procedure.
- The ability to work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- The ability to complete requisitions, obtain proper signatures, submit, pick up, transport, and store all items.
- The ability to work standing for up to ten hours in a kitchen environment.
- The ability to clean all work and storage areas.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to report and handle any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work flexible hours as hotel business changes.
- The ability to cook a wide variety of foods in all modern and classical cooking techniques.
Education/Previous Training Required
- High school diploma or vocational certification.
- A degree from an accredited culinary arts program.
- Three years’ experience in a fine dining establishment, luxury country club or luxury hotel with over 00 rooms.
- Standing /walking for ten hour shift
- Forward bend, squatting, reaching forward to retrieve items from cabinets.
- Repetitive forward and lateral bend neck motions.
- Lifting through height of 6’ to 5” (squatting or forward bend) from dolly to refrigerated or regular shelves.
- The ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Carrying boxes, bags or containers a distance of 50 yards, including up and down stairs.